LETTER TO A LIONESS + I would tell you to pounce on the road ahead as if prey, hope that u heard over the full charging paws and the growl under your breath. I know you are stronger than you let on. In the brief moment in the wood when you held my gaze i thought you wrote quite the story, your face full of twists and turns, full of characters, conflict, and resolution. Why you picked me to walk past i'll never know. Maybe it was only that i had been so quiet for so long. Maybe just because of the spot i was standing in. When we made love your face gave me reason to believe in myself again, to reason away all this silly loneliness i feel. Even now that you are gone i do not feel lonely. I spose it is enough to know that you are somewhere prowling around, smelling the air, and all the while being wild and intuitive. I bet u could find a rabbit hole with your eyes closed, skin it with yer teeth. I bet you would know which of its babies to eat and which to let live, without even knowing their names. I saw your truth i think. Maybe not, but if im right, i got to see a rare thing, the real weakness of a lioness, the humility of a queen, the burden of a fairy, which is what gives title to your pride, and makes you worthy of so much more that my trust, my love. This rare gift, that you gave without words. I want more of it. I want to be a lion, and to walk with you in the night, down the road, towards some new scent. Youre in charge. Just tell me when. ill pounce.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16:11

    Reply from a Lioness: Worthy of so much more than your love is right. Your love was small and selfish. I wish I had never met you. For my part, I admit I made a mistake. I caught the musky scent of a wild stallion and confused meanness for manliness. You were the lowliest lover I ever had in or out of bed, narcissistic, arrogant, sadistic. You made love to yourself and humiliated the lioness, rubbed salt in her wounds, and stole her pride all because true intimacy frightened you. You are not a man but a weak little boy and there you are destined to remain, throwing temper tantrums, and alienating others in the name of being "yourself", never knowing true love. It is out of compassion that I hope the end of your miserable life comes quickly. I will pray that you get bit by a cottonmouth while choking on a raccoon penis bone. Pounce on that.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like: